244th Field Artillery Battalion

February 1943

          Camp Shelby – “A” Battery Men

Saturday – 20th February 19432
          Change In Organization

          On 20 February 1943 the Battalion was attached for administration and supervision of training to the 179th Field Artillery Group, Camp Shelby, Mississippi per General Order 20, Third Army, 20 February 1943.  The 179th Field Artillery Group was similarly attached to the 74th Field Artillery Brigade which in turn, was assigned to the IV Corps.  Pursuant to a letter from Headquarters, Army Ground Forces, 27 March 1943, XV Corps and movement orders 74th Field Artillery Brigade 31 March 1943 the Battalion was relieved from assignment to Third Army and assigned to the Replacement and School Command and attached to the School Troops Brigade, The Infantry School, effective upon arrival at Fort Benning, Georgia.

          Caption reads – Pfc. L. J. Yot

Sunday – 28th February 19433
        Strength Last Day (Commissioned And Enlisted)
DATEOFFICERSENLISTED MENTOTALINCREASEDECREASE
January 1943365405761
February 1943425315733
  1. Department of The Army, The Adjutant General’s Office, History of The 244th Field Artillery Battalion 8 August 1942 to 15 March 1944
  2. Department of The Army, The Adjutant General’s Office, History of The 244th Field Artillery Battalion 8 August 1942 to 15 March 1944
  3. Department of The Army, The Adjutant General’s Office, History of The 244th Field Artillery Battalion 8 August 1942 to 15 March 1944